Sunday 7 September 2008

What do you do when your kids bond with supper



We have two new (hopefully temporary) family members

Nutterbut Gosh ( a squash) and baby butternut ( a melon)
Grr, I hope they let me turn it into a delicious veggie feast and snack by Tuesday!
Homemade Yoghurt

Yay, I've finally got around to trying this out!! I made up 600ml of powdered milk, warmed it until it started foaming at the side of the pan, then poured into a bowl - mixing in 1/2 small tub of natural yoghurt. Covered and placed in a cooling oven (50 deg C then turned off to cool) . Left overnight I was greeted with yoghurt at breakfast time :)

Next thing to try is turning it into soft cheese, later in the week.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hiya. Just found you via Sara (allabouteden). I spotted your camper van avatar :o)
Had to leave a comment as I've got an Evie too.
Making veggies into friends is definitely an Evie-type thing to do.